MHC provides community support and creates environments within which individuals can be helped to achieve or regain the confidence and skills necessary to choose, get, and keep supportive, competitive job opportunities in the community.
MHC’s Employment Services programs, located in Waterbury and West Hartford, are based on the philosophy that everyone should be able to select the type of work they want to pursue. The program assists individuals in assessing their job interests and skills, in identifying jobs in the community, which match the person’s interests and skills, and helps them obtain a job. Individuals may be provided with initial on the job support at their place of employment to ensure successful employment. Supportive employment hours are dependent on individual work schedules which include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Works with individuals in developing an employment plan tailored to meet individual needs.
- Listens to individuals and helps with problem solving on work related issues.
- Assists individuals in learning job tasks.
- Helps to arrange community services individuals may require to keep and maintain their job.
- Meets with individuals to monitor the progress they are making with their employment.
- Helps to build natural supports in the community and on the job.
MHC offers a variety of programs and services to promote recovery for people with mental illnesses in our communities, including residential services, supported and transitional employment, supported education, psychosocial rehabilitation, peer support services and case management. In addition to the statewide office in West Hartford, MHC offers programs and services in Bridgeport, Danbury, Stamford, Torrington, Waterbury and West Hartford.
Mental Health Connecticut, Inc.
61 South Main Street, Suite 100
West Hartford, CT 06107