Let's Face It 2023
Each person’s healing journey is different. We know that our 2022 campaign only scratched the surface of this important conversation. We also know that a journey to mental wellbeing does not have to be faced alone. That’s why we’re using 2023 to reopen the conversation on mental health and stigma, with a focus on communities.
Follow MHC on social at @MentalHealthCT and be the first to know when our plans for Let’s Face It 2023 are unveiled.
Are you ready? Let’s face it, together!
How It Started
For Mental Health Awareness Month in 2022, we set out to find 31 Connecticut residents, with unique experiences, who could share the impact of stigma and how they found ways to heal and move forward. Why stigma? Stigma is pervasive. Stigma shows up in many forms. And, we know that stigma loses its power if we face it head on.
For this campaign, we brought in Janet Reynolds, MHC’s creator of Write On!, and Cara Paiuk of Face Forward Headshots to help folks share their experiences and their most amazing faces. We can’t thank them enough for their brilliant work behind the scenes!
Click on one the images on the calendar above to read a bit about that person and their story.
Media Coverage for Let's Face It During Mental Health Awareness Month 2022
- Interview with Ym – Mental Health CT shines spotlight on state residents May 16, 2022 – Watch Video
- Interview with Jeff Bravin – Mental Health CT shines spotlight on state residents May 16, 2022 – Watch video
- Interview with Dita Bhargava – Mental Health CT shines spotlight on state residents May 2, 2022 – Watch Video
- Interview with Vern Montoute – Mental Health CT shines spotlight on state residents May 23, 2022 – Watch video
- Megan Baker discusses “Let’s Face It’: A local campaign to break the mental health stigma May 16, 2022 – Watch Video