As we all do our part to flatten the curve through self-isolation and practicing healthy habits, many of us @home are facing new challenges. While some are homeschooling their children for the first time, suddenly out of work, worried about the future, or feeling the weight of isolation — it’s safe to say that all of us are looking for ways to remain mentally strong while taking care of our physical health.
Mental Health Connecticut is here to help. Join us each #WellnessWednesday in April for MHC’s @Home Series. Tune in for a LIVE 30 minute video workshop every Wednesday at 2:00 p.m. to hear from one of our expert staff as we provide wellness resources, activities, and tips for boosting your mental health.
April 8, 2020, 2:00 – 2:30 p.m.
Presented by Remi Kyek, MHC’s Chief Experience Officer
Taking time for self-care has never been more important. Need a minute? How about 30 – join us for “Just Breathe” and you will:
- Learn about the impact stress has on your body
- Acquire breathing techniques you can do at home to reduce stress
- Follow along as Remi demonstrates multiple breathing techniques
April 15, 2020, 2:00 – 2:30 p.m.
Presented by Amy Smith, MHC’s Mending Art Coordinator
Are you looking for inspiration? Starting off with a blank canvas can feel intimidating to any artist, especially if art is a new experience. By attending “Mending Art Inspiration” you will:
- Discover reasons why so many people are using art for their wellbeing
- Learn ways to explore your unique ideas and gain tools to help bring your creative voice forward
- Bring your sketchbook or blank sheet of paper and your drawing utensils (pencil, markers, or crayons) and follow along as Amy inspires you to create
*No prior art experience required
Let’s Talk Snacks: Health and Energy
April 22, 2020, 2:00- 2:30 p.m.
Presented by Nicole Diorio, MHC’s Culinary Specialist
We all know that food is fuel for the body and mind, but how many of us take the time to make healthy choices in what we eat? Join Nicole for “Let’s Talk Snacks” and you will:
- Learn how to make healthy substitutes in your daily snack choices
- Understand how healthy food equals healthy energy
- Follow along and learn how to make an easy and healthy snack
April 29, 2020, 2:00 – 2:30 p.m.
Presented by Lori Mossberg, MHC’s GROW Program Coordinator
Spring is here! The flowers are blooming and it’s time to break out our gardening tool kits and start planting. Join Lori for “GROW With Us” and you will:
- Learn how MHC is using gardening as part of the recovery plan of our program participants
- Understand the positive impact gardening has on mental health and wellness
- Follow along as Lori demonstrates how she grows her own herbs and vegetables at home
MHC’s @Home Series is free to all attendees who register. Each session will have live closed captioning, be recorded, and made available to the public on this site. To support this and future series from MHC, please consider making a donation and designate your gift to MHC’s Community Education fund.