“Coloring definitely has therapeutic potential to reduce anxiety, create focus or bring [about] more mindfulness,” says Marygrace Berberian, a certified art therapist and the Clinical Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator for the Graduate Art Therapy Program at NYU.
For our second Day of Wellness, we invite you to download a MAX and color our mascot in however your creative heart wishes! Be sure to post a photo of your colored in MAX to our Facebook page at www.facebook.org/mentalhealthCT.
Did you know there are seven benefits to coloring?*
- 1. Your brain experiences relief by entering a meditative state
- 2. Stress and anxiety levels have the potential to be lowered
- 3. Negative thoughts are expelled as you take in positivity
- 4. Focusing on the present helps you achieve mindfulness
- 5. Unplugging from technology promotes creation over consumption
- 6. Coloring can be done by anyone, not just artists or creative types
- 7. It’s a hobby that can be taken with you wherever you go
*“Amazing Benefits of Coloring For Adults” by ColorIt Support