Below is a collection of current and archived articles, press releases, and MHC materials where MHC and mental health issues have been featured In the News.
- Mental health awareness vigil highlights journey to recovery May 4, 2016 Read Article
- Nonprofits Struggle With State Budget Impasses, Cuts April 28, 2016 – Read Article
- Mental Health Services Hit By Budget Cuts March 17, 2016 Watch Video
- Mental Health Connecticut to Bring Mental Health First Aid to Litchfield County February 10, 2016 – Read Article
- Delegation Announces $375,000 to Train Teachers & Adults in Youth Mental Health First Aid September 2, 2015 – Read Article
- Mental health experts respond carefully to mass killings July 30, 2015 – Read Article
- Trying to break the cycle that creates health care ‘super-users’ July 28, 2015 – Read Article
- Mental Health Treatment Is A Privilege Many People Can’t Afford July 28, 2015 – Read Article
- Suicide on Campus and the Pressure of Perfection July 27, 2015 – Read Article
- Addiction and Stress: How to Feel More Calm in Recovery July 13, 2015 – Read Article
- Mental Health America Taps Renowned Mental Health Experts to Join National Board of Directors July 10, 2015 – Read Article
- New Efforts to Keep the Mentally Ill Out of Jail May 19, 2015 – Read Article
- Mental Health Association of Connecticut Recognizes Mental Health Awareness Month May 15, 2015 — Read Article
- Mental Health Is Main Cause Of Hospitalizations in CT, New Data Show April 19, 2015 – Read Article
- A Two Minute Walk May Counter the Harms of Sitting May 13, 2015 — Read Article
- My Lovely Wife in the Psych Ward January 12, 2015 — Read Article
- The Long Reach of Childhood Trauma January 20, 2015 – Read Article
- Is There a Link Between Mental Health and Gun Violence? November 19, 2014 — Read Article
- Photography as a Balm for Mental Illness July 24, 2014 – Read Article
- Anderson Cooper Goes Through a Harrowing Mental Illness Experiment June 10, 2014 — Read Article
- A Phrase To Renounce For 2014: ‘The Mentally Ill’ January 3, 2014 – Read Article
- Living with Love, Chaos and Haley October 26, 2006 — Read Article
- A Mind That Found Itself, Clifford Beers — Read E-Book
Read the latest posts and information on our blog page.
- Stress Busting Tips For Recovering Addicts
- MHC Staff Member Seeks to Impact Deaf Community
- MHC Recognizes Longevity of Staff
- MHC Promotes Purpose Through Employment
- Mental Health Connecticut: Our Commitment to Mental Wellness
You may also join our electronic mailing list by filling in your email address below:
contact your legislators
It has never been easier to contact state and federal officials to educate them about mental health issues. By contacting your legislators and sharing your stories, experiences, and concerns, you can help MHC positively influence policies and laws impacting mental health services in our communities.
MHC’s top legislative priority for 2015 is to increase access to services and supports that positively impact the four pillars of recovery, which are home, health, community and purpose.
Assist with administrative tasks and external correspondence designed to educate the community about mental health issues, as well as other volunteer positions at our organisation.
Since 1908, MHC has been a leader in advocating for improved, expanded and accessible mental health services. Community-based services have proven to be effective in helping people with mental health conditions achieve recovery and live successfully in the community.